Study Guides for “History of Christianity”
Resources Apr 03, 2020
“History of Christianity” from Vision Video is an excellent course for both Sunday School and homeschooling. Presented by Dr Timothy George, it provides glimpses of some of the pivotal events in the spread of Christianity, from the early church to the early 20th century, and brief biographical background to some of the important figures who have impacted and shaped the history of the world.
Here are the notes I have prepared for my congregation’s Adult Christianity Education program back in 2010, which was based on the leader’s guide with my own supplementary. Each part consists of a program script and a study guide.
Part I – The Early Church
Part II – The Church in the Middle Ages
Part III – The Reformation
Part IV – The Age of Reason and Piety
Part V – A City Set on a Hill
Part VI – Into All the World
- Even the devil himself contributes in some way to the glory of God, though contrary to his wish.
- God is the Creator of the wicked, not of their wickedness; He is the Author of their being, but not the Infuser of their sin.
- Fatalism has no place for a personal God.
- How unworthy is it for dust and ashes, kneaded together in time, to strut against the Father of eternity! Much more unworthy for that which is nothing, worse than nothing, to quarrel with that which is only being, and equal himself with him that inhabits eternity.
- God is the most simple being; for that which is first in nature, having nothing beyond it, cannot by any means be thought to be compounded.