Study Guides for “History of Christianity”
Resources Apr 03, 2020
“History of Christianity” from Vision Video is an excellent course for both Sunday School and homeschooling. Presented by Dr Timothy George, it provides glimpses of some of the pivotal events in the spread of Christianity, from the early church to the early 20th century, and brief biographical background to some of the important figures who have impacted and shaped the history of the world.
Here are the notes I have prepared for my congregation’s Adult Christianity Education program back in 2010, which was based on the leader’s guide with my own supplementary. Each part consists of a program script and a study guide.
Part I – The Early Church
Part II – The Church in the Middle Ages
Part III – The Reformation
Part IV – The Age of Reason and Piety
Part V – A City Set on a Hill
Part VI – Into All the World
- Let us delight in the knowledge of Christ crucified, and be often in the thoughts and study of him. Study Christ, not only as living, but dying; not as breathing in our air, but suffering in our stead; know him as a victim, which is the way to know him as a conqueror. Christ as crucified is the great object of faith.
- Theology has two parts: the first, of God; the second, of His works.
- Faith is the master-wheel, it sets all the other graces a-running.
- If God be an incomparable God, then incomparable service and worship is due to him.
- There is no death of sin without the death of Christ.