In response to @TheBedKeeper comments of Romans 1 – Part I
Christianity, Current Affairs Jul 18, 2011
After I posted my comments on the news of Lady Gaga received honorary citizenship of Sydney, I received two rather interesting mentions on my Twitter by Brian Bowen, a gay Christian and blogger of The Bed Keeper.
Contrary to nature was women having sex w/animals as idol worship. (Romans 1:23). @yueh Romans 1:26 – 27, Contrary to Nature@yueh
Well here are my brief responses to Brian’s comments on Chapter 1 of Romans.
16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
17For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.Romans 1:16–18 (ESV)
NOTE: This is talking about unbelievers (pagans and atheists), not about people who twist the word of holy scriptures. They do not worship the one true God, they adhere to their worldliness and idolatry.
19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.Romans 1:19–20 (ESV)
NOTE: Through His creation, God laid down the natural laws of the world, and it is plain for us to see, so no one is with the excuse of not knowing the Creator. During the creation, the law of marriage was also laid down. (Genesis 2:18 – 24). Man and woman shall become one flesh, not two men or two women, or man/woman with an animal.
21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22Claiming to be wise, they became fools,Romans 1:21–22 (ESV)
NOTE: Referring back to v18, everyone knows there is only one God by His creation, yet they suppress the truth, nothing to do with false prophets or teachers.
NOTE: Unbelievers worship either idols resembling mortal man or animals, or even themselves.
NOTE: Again it has nothing to do with false prophets or teachers, because of their idolatry, God gave the unbelievers up in to their own lusts of impurity thoughts, and dishonoring of their bodies, as in sexual immorality, which Paul expand in the next two verses.
NOTE: This is a follow up to the previous verses. God gave them into unnatural passions, instead of natural relations between a man and woman established by God in His creation, men committing sexual acts with another men, same as the women, and some with animals. Paul also uses the word translated here as “passion” in Colossians 3:5 and 1 Thessalonians 4:5; both are related to the illicit sexual act.
The explanation of the laws in Leviticus makes it clear that these acts are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord.
God didn’t create a gay or a lesbian in His creation; so all gays and lesbians are indeed turning away from natural laws that are been established by the Creator.
All the references in Acts mentioned just simply refers to how deeply the worship of idols have gone into the societies during that period, nothing more.
NOTE: Pagans and atheists didn’t acknowledge and gave thanks to God; God handed them over to a worthless mind, which is described in v 29-31, which leads to all kind of sins that results in the downfall of a civilisation. Even though it is so clear to them that the result of this act is death, they didn’t repent but promoted and approved those who practice sinful and evil deeds.
- Faith is the acknowledgment of the entire absence of all goodness in us, and the recognition of the cross as the substitute for all the want on our part. Faith saves, because it owns the complete salvation of another, and not because it contributes anything to that salvation.
- For we are not saved by believing in our own salvation, nor by believing anything whatsoever about ourselves. We are saved by what we believe about the Son of God and His righteousness. The gospel believed saves; not the believing in our own faith.
- The more one separates oneself from the canons of the Christian church, the further one distances oneself from the truth.
- George Leslie Mackay’s farewell address
- One hour spent under the cross, while the soul is thus elevated—thus abased—thus joyful—and thus sorrowful—is better than a thousand of earthly delights.
- The Blessing – Steven Curtis Chapman / 祝福 – 張學友 on
- Myers-Briggs in the Bible on
- In response to @TheBedKeeper comments of Romans 1 – Part II on
- In response to @TheBedKeeper comments of Romans 1 – Part I on
- “I Was Born To Love You” – English Version of “Du bist meine Welt” – From Rudolf By Frank Wildhorn on
- February 2022
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- June 2017
- August 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- January 2014
- September 2013
- June 2013
- August 2011
- July 2011
- July 2010
- June 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- May 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008